Young Alumni (GOLD)
GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) refers to any alumni that
have graduated from Emerson College in the past decade. The Development
and Alumni Relations office works collaboratively with GOLD alumni to
create meaningful programming and events for young alumni in Boston, LA,
New York and other cities across the country.
Within this vast GOLD community, a smaller, self – selected group of
alumni leaders make up what we refer to as GOLD Council. See below for
details on what it means to be a GOLD Council member and why you should
consider joining this important cause.
Join now »
Recently graduate or relocate? Check out our guide to life after graduation »
Mission & Vision
The GOLD Council strives to promote Emerson’s mission, vision,
and values to recent graduates, working to facilitate the transition of
“active students” to “active alumni” through communication and special
The council will work closely with Emerson’s Alumni Relations and
Development office and the Alumni Association to create and engage in
relevant and meaningful programs and services for young alumni, and to
foster lifelong participation and philanthropic support.
The regional chairs will act as the governing body of the Council and
work closely with staff members the Alumni Relations and Development
office to create relevant programming and generate support for the
College and the GOLD alumni population.
Role of the Council
• Build community and engage GOLD alumni through:
• Professional development opportunities
• Networking and social events
• Ongoing electronic communications and marketing efforts
• Cultivate the next generation Emerson alumni volunteers and philanthropists
• Exemplify the mission and vision of Emerson College
GOLD Council Members
• Serve as educated and empowered advocates of Emerson College
• Participate in 2-3 regional council meetings or events per year
• Attend Emerson events in their region or on campus, when possible
• Promote the GOLD Council to potential new members
• Make an annual gift to the College - no minimum contribution amount required
• Become a member of our social media Alumni & Gold Council communities
If you're interested in becoming a member or would like more information, please fill out the membership form.
connect with emerson alumni